Saturday, August 2, 2014

Israel is funny.  He is generally cheerful and cooperative and happy, with occasional bouts of mopy-ness.  Lately he has been asking these questions that go:  "So, I don't get it: what exactly is the meaning of living?  If we're just going to die?"  Sometimes when events are exciting, he will burst out with a joyous "This is the BEST day I've EVER HAD in my WHOLE LIFE, Mom!!!!"  Interspersed of late with this conversation:

Israel: "I don't like my life!!" (Collapses into a chair and puts his head down on his arms.) 
Mom:  "You don't??! Why not?? I think you have a pretty good life!"
Israel: "Because I have to clean and I can't play video games whenever I want."  (His head whumps back down on his arms in despair.) "All of my other friends, their moms let them watch TV and play video games whenever they want!!"  (ends in a wail)
Mom:  Hmmm.  I don't think that's true.
Israel:  It IS!!!

Poor child.

The other thing that has amused me of late was that we recently found this at TJ Maxx and really liked it.


 We brought it home and propped it against the wall and Israel kept eyeing it uneasily.  He would say, "I sure hope we don't have to follow all of those rules!!!"  Or, "Mom, we don't have to do all of those things those rules say, right?"  It turned out that the Hug a Lot one was the rule of primary concern.  :D  He also wondered if he really had to laugh every. single. day.

p.s. Yes, that is a paper plate on top of the canvas.  Someone was painting and decorating - don't remember who.  :)

*********
Caroline sat well on her own at about 7 months 3 weeks.  She just recently cut teeth at 9 months.  At 9 months 3 weeks she has two bottom teeth and one top tooth.  It looks sort of hilarious to me.  The other tooth is right there under her gums but hasn't popped through yet.  She pushed herself up to sitting from laying for the first time yesterday, at 9 months 3 weeks.

********

The other day Layla asked me with great interest if I had a finger that had a super power in it.  She was sadly dismayed to find that her beloved mother was only but a common mortal.

No comments:

Post a Comment